Thai Green Curry
Green curry is one of the world's most popular Thai dishes. Usually prepared by combining fresh green vegetables with meat and coconut milk, the curry is called Kaeng Khiao Wan in Thai which means “sweet green curry”.
This is a moderate to hot dish depending on quantity of paste and chillis used.
- In a wok, heat coconut cream over a medium heat until boiling.
- Add green curry paste and stir well over a low heat for about 10-15 minutes or until just glossy.
- Add chicken and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning sauce and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add baby eggplants and continuing cooking for another few minutes until cooked through.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, sweet basil leaves, and fresh green chilies.
- Remove from the heat. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with sweet basil and fresh green chilies.
Notes: To make baby eggplants green, add to the curry and press the eggplants into the curry with a ladle. Do the same with the kaffir lime leaves and sweet basil leaves.