Duck Red Thai Curry
Red Curry with Duck is a very popular a Thai dish, it is fragrant and sumptuous, and can be made anywhere from mild to hot, depending on your taste.
This is a moderate to hot dish depending on quantity of paste and chillis used.
- coconut cream - 1.5 cups
- coconut milk - 2.25 cups
- roast duck - 200g thinly sliced
- red curry paste - 50g
- Thai fish sauce - 3 tablespoons
- palm sugar - 20g
- kaffir lime leaves - 3
- large eggplant - 1, cut into 1cm pieces
- pineapple - 150g, cut into bit-sized pieces
- cherry tomatoes - 6
- sweet basil leaves - 30g
- Pour the coconut cream into a wok or sauce pan and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the coconut oil begins to separate out.
- Add the curry paste, fish sauce, palm sugar and two torn kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add the duck and eggplant. Bring to a boil. Then add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple and cherry tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Then add the sweet basil leaves. Turn off the heat and serve garnished with the remaining kaffir lime leaves, sweet basil and a few spoonfuls of thick coconut milk.